reassociate media

mnielsen1984
I recently re-installed Ubuntu on a larger hard drive, but I copied the banshee-1 folder from the .config folder. I installed Banshee, and put the folder back into the .config folder on the new install. When I opened Banshee, I can see the files, but nothing will play. The media files themselves have not moved, they're on an external hard drive, and the paths have not changed, but it acts like the path is empty. Is there a way to re-associate the files?

I've tried re-importing, but everytime I try to, even with just one file, it freezes and stops responding.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Banshee is the only program I've found where I can easily tag the files and create filtered playlists. Let me know if you need any other info