list of all artists?

francois43
Hi,

I need a list of all artists that are in my Banshee database. Does
anyone know how to do that?

Re: list of all artists?

Nick Dokos-2
Francois43 <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I need a list of all artists that are in my Banshee database. Does
> anyone know how to do that?

Assuming you are running Linux, at a command line:

$ sqlite3 ~/.config/banshee-1/banshee.db 'select Name from CoreArtists;'

or slight variations thereof.

If on Windows, this might work under Cygwin, but I have no idea
otherwise.

--
Nick

Re: list of all artists?

bill martin
first find your banshee database.  In my system  it is /home/.config/banshee-1/banshee.db
it's a mysql database so it's pretty easy to access and get lists you want.

change into the directory of the database
Create the following sql program and name it new.sql

SELECT coreartists.Name, coretracks.Title
FROM coreartists
INNER JOIN coretracks
ON coreartists.ArtistID = coretracks.ArtistID
ORDER BY coreartists.Name, coretracks.Title;

from the shell ($) type the following
sqlite3 banshee.db < new.sql | sort -f > alist.txt

the txt file should give you a very nice list sorted by artist and then title

MP3 TAGS, the editor and the browser

francois43

In the track editor I see the tags: Lisence URI, and Copyright.

The first can be shown in the browser heading by right clicking and
selecting it. However, Copyright cannot be shown in the header. To have
tags in the Banshee editor that cannot be shown in the Banshee browser
seems odd. It is also not available in the tag list offered in the smart
playlist editor.

Banshee does act on values in Licence URI for sorting and selecting in
e.g. a smart playlist, but that value is never  shown in the browser. So
I can have a smart list based on that value, but the list of items in
that smartlist will not show that same particular value. The tag Licence
will always show empty.

Is the list of tags supported in different parts of Banshee documented
somewhere?
Is there one (1) list that all developers use, or are they working more
or less independent of such conditions?

Thanks