iTunes library import - ERROR

MissDjax
hello!

switching from windows to ubuntun (11.04) I wanted to import my iTunes library but unfortunately it's not working.
I get the error similar to this example:

file://localhost/G://My Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Bob Marley & the Wailers/Best of the Wailers/01 SUGAR SUGAR.mp3 - Unable to map iTunes URI to local URI

I tried to changed the "file://localhost/G:/" with "/media/MUSIC" but it's nnot working either...
Seems I'm not the only one with this issue but I didn't see any solution yet :(

Help would be appreciated!
MissDjax

Re: iTunes library import - ERROR

Frank-211
Where is your music located? Is that location mounted? You could try
the following:

Browse to your files with Nautilus and copy the path for the whole
file. Then try to open that file with Banshee from a terminal:

"banshee --enqueue <THECOPIEDPATH>"

Does that work? If so, you should be able to figure out then, how to
change the paths correctly.

On 3 May 2011 18:35, MissDjax <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello!
>
> switching from windows to ubuntun (11.04) I wanted to import my iTunes
> library but unfortunately it's not working.
> I get the error similar to this example:
>
> file://localhost/G://My Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Bob Marley & the
> Wailers/Best of the Wailers/01 SUGAR SUGAR.mp3 - Unable to map iTunes URI to
> local URI
>
> I tried to changed the "file://localhost/G:/" with "/media/MUSIC" but it's
> nnot working either...
> Seems I'm not the only one with this issue but I didn't see any solution yet
> :(
>
> Help would be appreciated!
> MissDjax

Re: iTunes library import - ERROR

MissDjax
Ok I got it to work, finally...
in my iTunes library xml my music directory was "file://localhost/G://My Music/iTunes/"
I changed it to "file://localhost/G://My Music/" which is actually my music folder.
I kept all the windows pathes of the song (I didn't convert them to the linux mount point pathes which would have been weird). After trying to import the xml banshee tells me that it couldn't be located or something and asked me to point out directly to my music folder which I did and BAM it worked :)
Thanks for your help though Frank, much appreciated!

MD