can't see files on 4th gen Ipod Touch

gadgetgirl23
Hi there.
I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 and I installed banshee 2.6.2. I have a 4th gen Ipod Touch.
Banshee recognizes my music files on my computer and also recognizes the Ipod.  But after I sync files to the device, I can't see the files on the Ipod in banshee, nor can I access them via the Ipod to play them.

I know they exist on the Ipod because I can see them when I view the device directory.
Can someone please tell me what I need to do to make them a) visible in banshee under the device name b) how to configure them so they can be played from the Ipod.

I'm pretty much a newbie to Ubuntu and banshee and I have searched through the recent forum posts for a solution.  I found one that seems to be close, but it was for a different model of Ipod and the suggested workaround didn't work for me.   Anyway, I apologize in advance if this has already been answered and I appreciate any help/guidance from anyone who cares to respond.
:-)