can I permanently write a descriptive 'comment' tag into downloaded mp3 podcast episodes?

can I permanently write a descriptive 'comment' tag into downloaded mp3 podcast episodes?

xtny
A description can be read under most podcast episodes in banshee. This is useful for me.
This descriptive info is lost however, if I have downloaded episodes using banshee, and switch device, eg to phone or another OS. My other music(bee) player in windows writes a 'comment' tag into files (not just artist,album,genre, title, year,cover art), so I am using that for now to write this tag to podcast files, as it isn't easy to copy and paste the descriptive text from banshee into a file, as far as I can tell.

Every linux player I have tried does not write a comment tag, and would like to find one that does. Is there a plugin that might help, or would someone developing for banshee consider adding this info from podcasts into files in future? Thanks.