banshee.fm website update

Danny Schmarsel
I've updated the instructions on the banshee.fm website for the major
distributions some days back.

You can see the pull request here:
https://github.com/BansheeMediaPlayer/BansheeMediaPlayer.github.io/pull/4

I've still included (Open)Mandriva, although it seems that no one is
building banshee for it anymore.

Can somebody please apply?

Greetings,
Danny

Re: banshee.fm website update

Bertrand Lorentz
Administrator
Hi,

Thanks for the pull request for the web site, I've just merged it, with minor changes.

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't able to get to it earlier.

--
Bertrand

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 8:52 AM, Danny Schmarsel <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've updated the instructions on the banshee.fm website for the major distributions some days back.

You can see the pull request here:
https://github.com/BansheeMediaPlayer/BansheeMediaPlayer.github.io/pull/4

I've still included (Open)Mandriva, although it seems that no one is building banshee for it anymore.

Can somebody please apply?

Greetings,
Danny

Re: banshee.fm website update

Danny Schmarsel

Thank you :)

Debian already got a new release in the last few days, I will update the notes about that soon.

I've noticed that Ubuntu stopped shipping Banshee after 13.10 - the Team PPA has a package for 14.04.

But what about later versions? Does anybody build packages for Ubuntu 14.10 and 15.04?

Danny

On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Danny Schmarsel <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thank you :)

Debian already got a new release in the last few days, I will update the notes about that soon.

I've noticed that Ubuntu stopped shipping Banshee after 13.10 - the Team PPA has a package for 14.04.

But what about later versions? Does anybody build packages for Ubuntu 14.10 and 15.04?

Banshee is still included in the regular Ubuntu repositories (in "universe"), it's just not installed by default anymore.
For example, for 15.04:

As there hasn't been a stable release in a while, there is no need to have packages for the last stable release of Banshee in the PPA for recent Ubuntu versions: it would just be the exact same as the one in the normal repository.