banshee crashing on podcast subscription

banshee crashing on podcast subscription

julien cubizolles
I'm trying to add a podcast in the latest cvs from banshee. I previously
cleaned my database (rm -rf ~/.config/banshee-1) but banshee keeps
crashing with ::

Exception in Gtk# callback delegate
  Note: Applications can use GLib.ExceptionManager.UnhandledException to
handle the exception.
System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination
type.
  at Hyena.Data.Sqlite.SqliteModelProvider`1[Migo.Syndication.Feed].Save
(Migo.Syndication.Feed ) [0x00000]
in /home/wilk/info/musique/banshee/banshee/src/Libraries/Hyena/Hyena.Data.Sqlite/SqliteModelProvider.cs:265
  at Migo.Syndication.Feed.Save () [0x00000]
in /home/wilk/info/musique/banshee/banshee/src/Libraries/Migo/Migo/Migo.Syndication/Feed.cs:1090
  at Migo.Syndication.FeedsManager.CreateFeed (System.String url)
[0x0003f]
in /home/wilk/info/musique/banshee/banshee/src/Libraries/Migo/Migo/Migo.Syndication/FeedsManager.cs:230
  at Banshee.Podcasting.PodcastCore.SubscribeToPodcast (System.Uri uri,
FeedAutoDownload syncPreference) [0x0000d]
in /home/wilk/info/musique/banshee/banshee/src/Extensions/Banshee.Podcasting/Banshee.Podcasting/PodcastCore.cs:349
  at Banshee.Podcasting.PodcastCore.RunSubscribeDialog () [0x00084]
in /home/wilk/info/musique/banshee/banshee/src/Extensions/Banshee.Podcasting/Banshee.Podcasting/PodcastCore_Interface.cs:207
  at Banshee.Podcasting.PodcastCore.OnPodcastAdd (System.Object sender,
System.EventArgs e) [0x00023]
in /home/wilk/info/musique/banshee/banshee/src/Extensions/Banshee.Podcasting/Banshee.Podcasting/PodcastCore_Interface.cs:316
  at GLib.Signal.voidObjectCallback (IntPtr handle, IntPtr data)
[0x00000]
   at GLib.ExceptionManager.RaiseUnhandledException(System.Exception e,
Boolean is_terminal)
   at GLib.Signal.voidObjectCallback(IntPtr handle, IntPtr data)
   at GLib.Signal.voidObjectCallback(IntPtr , IntPtr )
   at Gtk.Application.gtk_main()
   at Gtk.Application.gtk_main()
   at Gtk.Application.Run()
   at Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient.Run()
in /home/wilk/info/musique/banshee/banshee/src/Core/Banshee.ThickClient/Banshee.Gui/GtkBaseClient.cs:line 114
   at Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient.Startup()
in /home/wilk/info/musique/banshee/banshee/src/Core/Banshee.ThickClient/Banshee.Gui/GtkBaseClient.cs:line 55
   at
Hyena.Gui.CleanRoomStartup.Startup(Hyena.Gui.StartupInvocationHandler
startup)
in /home/wilk/info/musique/banshee/banshee/src/Libraries/Hyena.Gui/Hyena.Gui/CleanRoomStartup.cs:line 54
   at Banshee.Gui.GtkBaseClient.Entry()
in /home/wilk/info/musique/banshee/banshee/src/Core/Banshee.ThickClient/Banshee.Gui/GtkBaseClient.cs:line 50
   at Nereid.Client.Main()
in /home/wilk/info/musique/banshee/banshee/src/Clients/Nereid/Nereid/Client.cs:line 47
~/info/musique/banshee/banshee

Re: banshee crashing on podcast subscription

Gabriel Burt
On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 6:03 PM, julien cubizolles <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm trying to add a podcast in the latest cvs from banshee. I previously
> cleaned my database (rm -rf ~/.config/banshee-1) but banshee keeps
> crashing with ::

If you're going to build from SVN, you should read the ChangeLog:

2008-04-28  Gabriel Burt  <[hidden email]>

    WARNING: This commit is a first pass at reworking some of the Podcast/Migo
    internals to use Hyena and be more consistent with Banshee's style.  It
    severely breaks the podcast extension for the time being, so unless you
    are working with Mike and me to fix it, you should not build or run it.

Gabriel

Re: banshee crashing on podcast subscription

julien cubizolles

> If you're going to build from SVN, you should read the ChangeLog:
>
> 2008-04-28  Gabriel Burt  <[hidden email]>
>
>     WARNING: This commit is a first pass at reworking some of the Podcast/Migo
>     internals to use Hyena and be more consistent with Banshee's style.  It
>     severely breaks the podcast extension for the time being, so unless you
>     are working with Mike and me to fix it, you should not build or run it.
>
> Gabriel

My bad, sorry. I'd check again later.