banshee and Ipod detection

deffre fred-2
Hi,

Actually banshee do not want to recognize my Ipod. It is a Gen1
nano (but with a 1.3.1 firmware), with a vfat fs, and I am working
under a Debian.

Note that I have no problem using the Ipod with gtkpod or hipo.

After a mount of the ipod partition, the command "ipod --list"
returns the well-form information about the device.
However, the ipod is not recognized using the "podsleuth"
binary, and a "hal-find-by-property --key portable_audio_player.type --string ipod"
returns null.

Moreover, in the gnome device manager, the ipod is stored as a SCSI
device, and its root parent is a "USB EHCI Controller".

Currently, I have no more direction to investigate, if someone have an
idea, it will be great !

Thanks in advance,
deffre

Re: banshee and Ipod detection

berniz95
deffre fred-2 wrote
Actually banshee do not want to recognize my Ipod. It is a Gen1
nano (but with a 1.3.1 firmware), with a vfat fs, and I am working
under a Debian.
Dear deffre fred-2,
if your question is still accurate, I managed to see my iPod 2g in banshee the following way :
In menu Edition > Preferences, thumbnail Extensions, tick off all device types except Apple.
Good luck !