What is the status of the Amazon MP3 integrated stores ?

What is the status of the Amazon MP3 integrated stores ?

Pierre-Alain Dupont
Hi,
I'm new to banshee and very interested in the amazon mp3 integrated store.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for me (neither previews or
downloads) on the french mp3 store. I tried to dig up a bit and found
numerous threads on the internet on how amazon didn't like linux users
and puts weirds restrictions to them.
However, it seems to work weel enough on the US store (I didn't try to
download anything but you can at least listen to samples without being
redirected to a "request denied" page). In fact, it seems to work for
both the US and the Japan store but not for the french, german or UK store.

Does any of you experienced such issues and now how to work around them?

pad

PS : Though I don't think it matters, I'm using Banshee 2.6.2

Re: What is the status of the Amazon MP3 integrated stores ?

"Andrés G. Aragoneses"
On 20/07/14 13:00, Pierre-Alain Dupont wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm new to banshee and very interested in the amazon mp3 integrated store.
> Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for me (neither previews or
> downloads) on the french mp3 store. I tried to dig up a bit and found
> numerous threads on the internet on how amazon didn't like linux users
> and puts weirds restrictions to them.
> However, it seems to work weel enough on the US store (I didn't try to
> download anything but you can at least listen to samples without being
> redirected to a "request denied" page). In fact, it seems to work for
> both the US and the Japan store but not for the french, german or UK store.
>
> Does any of you experienced such issues and now how to work around them?

There's a bug in bugzilla which also talks about these issues. Maybe you
can look for it and find more info or shed some more light on it.

Unfortunately, it has been months, if not years, since the last time a
developer touched the code of the AmazonMP3 plugins. Help is very
welcome on that side.

> PS : Though I don't think it matters, I'm using Banshee 2.6.2

It matters a lot. If you told me you were using Banshee 2.2, the first
thing I would tell you is "upgrade, maybe your issue has been fixed in
newer versions". 2.6.2 is the last stable one so you're good though.