What happened to the context pane?

meeotch
This post was updated on .
Just updated to 2.6.2 (via a fresh install of Linux Mint 17.2), and now
my context pane has only one option, last.fm recommendations, where
previously there were several including wikipedia, etc.  Also, last.fm
recommendations just hangs with "Loading..." displaying in the pane.
Between this and the loss of the community extensions, 2.6.2 has been a
bit of a bummer.

mitch

Re: What happened to the context pane?

Bertrand Lorentz
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi,

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 6:26 AM Mitch Deoudes <mitch@houseofpain.org> wrote:

> Just updated to 2.6.2 (via a fresh install of Linux Mint 17.2), and now
> my context pane has only one option, last.fm recommendations, where
> previously there were several including wikipedia, etc.  Also, last.fm
> recommendations just hangs with "Loading..." displaying in the pane.
> Between this and the loss of the community extensions, 2.6.2 has been a
> bit of a bummer.

For the missing features, please check that you've installed all the
necessary packages from your distro, as they might be split in a separate
package. If I remember correctly, Banshee 2.6.2 didn't bring any change in
that regard.
For the issue with the Last.fr recommendations, please take a look at the
log output, it might give an indication of what is going wrong : just run
banshee from the command line with "banshee --debug"

--
Bertrand