Video files recognized as Audio (how to fix?)

Video files recognized as Audio (how to fix?)

kanichiro
I've installed Banshee 2.6.2 on Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa.

Mostly everything is working great, but I have some DVD video's that I converted to MP4 files that upon importing, were recognized by Banshee as Audio instead of Video. When I play any of these files in Banshee I hear the sound, but there is no video. Outside of Banshee these mp4 files play as video's without a hitch.

I've tried moving these to Videos but they won't move to Audio. I also tried reimporting them but no luck.

Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be gratefully appreciated!

Re: Video files recognized as Audio (how to fix?)

kanichiro
UPDATE: I installed "mediainfo" and got the following.

When I click "Go to the website of a player for this file" I get Quicktime. I've also un-installed Banshee and reinstalled it from the Banshee website. However, the results were the same. Banshee recognized these Video files as Audio files.

I searched the Software Manager for "Gstreamer" and installed every extension I thought might fix this problem, but nothing helped.

For some reason Banshee only recognizes these video files as audio files. My other video players "see and play them" without any problem. iTunes recognizes my files as Video files.

I had hoped that Banshee could replace iTunes, but it cannot with this ongoing problem.