UI anomalies, defects or by-design?

Stephen Holmes
Loving Banshee-1, it's been a long time since I used it - kudos to the
team.

I have some observations I wanted to raise to see if they're defects,
feature omissions, or by design.  Happy to log where appropriate...

1. In the 'Albums (or podcasts)' panel, I can't drag an Album/Podcast to
a device with the intent of moving a group of related media to the
device at once.

2. Similarly, it would be useful to provide a "Write to CD" option by
right-clicking on an Album/Podcast set from that same panel.

3. The iPod device doesn't present a 'Sync' option, media must be
dropped from the main list view panel to sync the content

4.  Renaming a track (that got disconnected from its album) does not
move the track to the collective folder.  Should this be presented as an
option and such a change is made?

5.  Is there a reason why my 80GB Video iPod shows as a white icon
moniker rather than black?

6.  If I click in the treeview panel on 'Now Playing, Play Queue, Music
Library" etc, they receive the highlighted focus.  If I click on the
IPOD icon, the same isn't true.  This is inconsistent.

Cheers
Steve.

Re: UI anomalies, defects or by-design?

Gabriel Burt
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 6:49 AM, Stephen Holmes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Loving Banshee-1, it's been a long time since I used it - kudos to the
> team.
>
> I have some observations I wanted to raise to see if they're defects,
> feature omissions, or by design.  Happy to log where appropriate...
>
> 1. In the 'Albums (or podcasts)' panel, I can't drag an Album/Podcast to
> a device with the intent of moving a group of related media to the
> device at once.
>
> 2. Similarly, it would be useful to provide a "Write to CD" option by
> right-clicking on an Album/Podcast set from that same panel.
>
> 3. The iPod device doesn't present a 'Sync' option, media must be
> dropped from the main list view panel to sync the content
>
> 4.  Renaming a track (that got disconnected from its album) does not
> move the track to the collective folder.  Should this be presented as an
> option and such a change is made?
>
> 5.  Is there a reason why my 80GB Video iPod shows as a white icon
> moniker rather than black?
>
> 6.  If I click in the treeview panel on 'Now Playing, Play Queue, Music
> Library" etc, they receive the highlighted focus.  If I click on the
> IPOD icon, the same isn't true.  This is inconsistent.

Most of these sound like known issues.  Keep in mind, bugzilla is the
place to see if problems have been reported already, and to report
them if not.  See http://banshee-project.org/contribute/file-bugs for
more info.

Gabriel

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Stephen Holmes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 13:45 -0500, Gabriel Burt wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 6:49 AM, Stephen Holmes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Loving Banshee-1, it's been a long time since I used it - kudos to the
>> > team.
>>
>> Most of these sound like known issues.  Keep in mind, bugzilla is the
>> place to see if problems have been reported already, and to report
>> them if not.  See http://banshee-project.org/contribute/file-bugs for
>> more info.
>>

> I'll do that, I guess the problem is that bugzilla isn't as browseable
> and so it takes a lot more time :-(

Yeah - I recommend searching.

Gabriel