Transferring settings and ratings from one system to another. Question about coretracks table

Transferring settings and ratings from one system to another. Question about coretracks table

Adrya Stembridge
Does Banshee identify files by the URI in the coretracks table, or something else?   I ask because I copied my banshee.db file to my new system, but none of the ratings info was copied over.   I changed my mp3 folder from /storage/music/mp3/  to  /home/me/Music/mp3/.

If I move my tunes back to /storage/music/mp3/ will I get my ratings back?

Or can URI's be safely/easily updated in sqlite?

Re: Transferring settings and ratings from one system to another. Question about coretracks table

Roderich Schupp-2
On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM, Adrya Stembridge <[hidden email]> wrote:
Does Banshee identify files by the URI in the coretracks table,

Yes.

 If I move my tunes back to /storage/music/mp3/ will I get my ratings back?

Yes

 Or can URI's be safely/easily updated in sqlite?

Depends on what you mean by "easily" :) Something like

$ sqlite3 .../banshee.db "UPDATE CoreTracks SET URI = replace(URI, 'file:///OLD/', 'file:///NEW/')"

Note the trailing slashes and make sure the new "file:" URI is legal. Banshee should not be running while you do this.

BTW, this topic comes up regularly. It would make a nice hacking project to add the
above to the Preferences menu:

When the user changes the "Music Folder" entry (and there are already tracks in the old location)
offer to modify the existing tracks in the database (optionally move the actual files as well).

Cheers, Roderich