Thanks for the Fish...

Banshee Media Player mailing list
I've followed along, but sadly the Linux Community does not support Banshee any more.  It's too bad because I really like to select music by album cover.  I have not found any other Free Music Player that does what Banshee does.

Is anyone using Banshee on Ubuntu 20.04?  It seemed like you have to jump through some major hoops to get it.  IF at all.

Re: Thanks for the Fish...

Banshee Media Player mailing list

Hi,

I personally mainly switched to Lollypop, which is very graphical, for over a year, and still trying to find time to rebuild the features that I miss so much from Banshee, such as auto-fill "Now playing" playlist, smart playlists and tabular view.

I still run Banshee, on Ubuntu 20.04, to continue to manage playlists, because that's still Banshee that I use during the weekends because of its autofill capacity. It crashes whenever Ubuntu mounts a remote folder, so my Deja-Dup backups on Google Drive are not running during the weekends :).

Le 20-10-08 à 14 h 13, BB via banshee-list a écrit :
I've followed along, but sadly the Linux Community does not support Banshee any more.  It's too bad because I really like to select music by album cover.  I have not found any other Free Music Player that does what Banshee does.

Is anyone using Banshee on Ubuntu 20.04?  It seemed like you have to jump through some major hoops to get it.  IF at all.

Re: Thanks for the Fish...

Banshee Media Player mailing list
I don't know if you're interested, but a guy is trying to port Hyena to the .NET Core. It is worth contacting or, at least, keeping an eye.

https://github.com/firox263/Hyena

Em qui., 8 de out. de 2020 às 15:46, Christian Perreault via banshee-list <[hidden email]> escreveu:

[...]

7even

I am trying out Lollipop as well, as it has a nice looking cover view. But this is it. Nothing more... :D

It is good for "just play something", but it lacks nearly all other features.

Because of this, I am using Lollipop and Rhythmbox in parallel for now, as I failed to get Banshee running on 20.04.

@Christian may it possible for you to provide us the Banshee 20.04 binaries?

On 08.10.20 21:09, BB via banshee-list wrote:
[...]

ChristianH

> Is anyone using Banshee on Ubuntu 20.04?  It seemed like you have to
> jump through some major hoops to get it.  IF at all.

In my MINT 20 it immediatedly crashes.

If somebody succeeds to run ist, some hints would be nice - or a flatpack?

Thx

Christian

who misses mirages's autofill