Songs added in an unpredictable order in play queue

Songs added in an unpredictable order in play queue

Kanj
Hi,

I am using banshee version 2.6.2 on Fedora 19. (I compiled v2.6.2 from source because banshee v2.6.1 in Fedora's repo also had this problem.)

When I add a new song to play queue when a song is already being played from it, new song doesn't get appended to the list. Also, at the same time, songs that are greyed out (already have been played) are now black again. If I try to remove a song from play queue, some other track gets deleted. It's not possible to reorder songs in queue either.

I have been using banshee since a long time and I never faced this problem before. I suspected that play queue is being sorted in some way. But I noticed that sorting doesn't actually work in manually created playlists and play queue.

Is this a known problem? How can I fix it?

I don't have much time to experiment right now. I'll post again if I find anything interesting.

Thanks.

Re: Songs added in an unpredictable order in play queue

Kanj
Hi,

There is definitely some kind of sorting going on.

I tried to queue 3 songs in all possible orders and they always ended up in a particular order in the play queue.

Thanks.