Re: Banshee-Lite? (maybe one more (Final)

Re: Banshee-Lite? (maybe one more (Final)

linuxgeoff

>> 0.13 nearly works OK (couple of minor bugs in smart playlists (year);
>> occassionally hangs if left unused); 0.99 is too resource intensive to use
>> on onlder machines:

>Really?  I'm surprised no matter how big your collection is, but,
>anyway, how big is it?  Are you talking about memory use, or CPU?

>Gabriel

20,000 songs.

It seems to be memory and excessive paging, but hard to tell as CPU maxes out as well.  the problem is mostly between songs and in the first 10 seconds of each song, after that it settles down to about 30-50% CPU usage while playing.  The gap between songs can be >60 secs.  some in repeat or random modes, same with browser and cover art switched off

For completeness, set up, as descrbed in separate post is 350MHz tosh potege with 128MB, accessing Iomega NAS with fixed IP addresses.  running xubuntu gutsy; no other apps

Re: Banshee-Lite? (maybe one more (Final)

Christian Hergert
You cpu should spike if there is excessive paging.

-- Christian