Re: ANNOUNCE: Banshee 1.0 RC 1 (0.99.3) Released!

Re: ANNOUNCE: Banshee 1.0 RC 1 (0.99.3) Released!

Aaron Bockover
HI Wouter,

Ideally we'd like to give at least a week, but we're aiming for the final release on either Wednesday or Thursday of this week. We won't be changing strings of course.

Anything that can be submitted is most appreciated and the next cycle (1.1, 1.2, 1.5 - not sure what we'll call it) should be a bit easier on translators since we don't anticipate so many string changes.

Cheers,
Aaron

2008-06-01 klockan 06:12 skrev Gabriel Burt:
> ** translators and testers: please update and test now! **

How long will your voluntary string freeze be in effect before you release
the first tarball? As a member of the Gnome translation coordination team,
I'd suggest giving translators at least a week (preferably two) to update
translations. While this is not mandatory, this will allow translators to
make your rocking (and popular) software available in their own language.

Thanks in advance.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail [hidden email]
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

hey boy, take a look at me :: let me dirty up your mind           -- garbage

Re: ANNOUNCE: Banshee 1.0 RC 1 (0.99.3) Released!

Wouter Bolsterlee
2008-06-02 klockan 18:18 skrev Aaron Bockover:
> Ideally we'd like to give at least a week, but we're aiming for the final
> release on either Wednesday or Thursday of this week. We won't be changing
> strings of course.
>
> Anything that can be submitted is most appreciated and the next cycle
> (1.1, 1.2, 1.5 - not sure what we'll call it) should be a bit easier on
> translators since we don't anticipate so many string changes.

Ok. Let's try not to interrupt your schedule, but still allow for
translations to be submitted and shipped in a reasonable timeframe.

My proposal is this: release Banshee 1.0.1 within 3 weeks after the 1.0
first release, in which release all updated (and newly added) translations
will be shipped. How about that?

Keep up the good work, and please bear with those poor translators working
so hard to keep Gnome as localized as possible! :)

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail [hidden email]
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

and it's you i see :: but you don't see me                       -- coldplay

Re: ANNOUNCE: Banshee 1.0 RC 1 (0.99.3) Released!

Aaron Bockover
Sounds good!
--Aaron

>>> Wouter Bolsterlee <[hidden email]> 06/02/08 2:29 PM >>>
2008-06-02 klockan 18:18 skrev Aaron Bockover:
> Ideally we'd like to give at least a week, but we're aiming for the final
> release on either Wednesday or Thursday of this week. We won't be changing
> strings of course.
>
> Anything that can be submitted is most appreciated and the next cycle
> (1.1, 1.2, 1.5 - not sure what we'll call it) should be a bit easier on
> translators since we don't anticipate so many string changes.

Ok. Let's try not to interrupt your schedule, but still allow for
translations to be submitted and shipped in a reasonable timeframe.

My proposal is this: release Banshee 1.0.1 within 3 weeks after the 1.0
first release, in which release all updated (and newly added) translations
will be shipped. How about that?

Keep up the good work, and please bear with those poor translators working
so hard to keep Gnome as localized as possible! :)

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail [hidden email]
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

and it's you i see :: but you don't see me                       -- coldplay

Re: ANNOUNCE: Banshee 1.0 RC 1 (0.99.3) Released!

甘露(Gan Lu)
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 2:56 AM, Aaron Bockover <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sounds good!
> --Aaron

> 2008-06-02 klockan 18:18 skrev Aaron Bockover:
>> Ideally we'd like to give at least a week, but we're aiming for the final
>> release on either Wednesday or Thursday of this week. We won't be changing
>> strings of course.
>>
>> Anything that can be submitted is most appreciated and the next cycle
>> (1.1, 1.2, 1.5 - not sure what we'll call it) should be a bit easier on
>> translators since we don't anticipate so many string changes.
>
> Ok. Let's try not to interrupt your schedule, but still allow for
> translations to be submitted and shipped in a reasonable timeframe.
>
> My proposal is this: release Banshee 1.0.1 within 3 weeks after the 1.0
> first release, in which release all updated (and newly added) translations
> will be shipped. How about that?
>
> Keep up the good work, and please bear with those poor translators working
> so hard to keep Gnome as localized as possible! :)
>
>  mvrgr, Wouter
>
> --
> :wq                                                       mail [hidden email]
>                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl
>
> and it's you i see :: but you don't see me                       -- coldplay

I am translating it into Chinese Simpilified, but there are still 198
left untranslated and 292 fuzzy, and some strings are hard to find
right translations. 3 more weeks could be enough though.
Another question: how can I upload my translation? Does it OK to post
on the mail listing as attachment?