Problems putting music onto phone

Rev44
Hi,
Just made the switch to Linux (ubuntu 14.04 64 bit) and I want to put music on my iPhone 5.  Banshee can see the device, says it putting music on the phone, then nothing happens! When I look in the music folder on the phone the is nothing added; what am I doing wrong?

Re: Problems putting music onto phone

Roderich Schupp-2
On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Rev44 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to put music
on my iPhone 5.  Banshee can see the device, says it putting music on the
phone, then nothing happens! When I look in the music folder on the phone
the is nothing added; what am I doing wrong?

Nothing, writing to newer iOS devices is not supported by libgpod (used by Banshee to manage iOS devices), cf. http://www.gtkpod.org/wiki/Home

Cheers, Roderich

Re: Problems putting music onto phone

Nicholas Little
If your phone has a 'USB Mass Storage' mode then you can use that and support will be as usual, more recent Android versions appear to be pushing MTP/PTP only, for which there is support in Banshee through libmtp.

If you can mount it in nautilus via MTP and reliably see files then Banshee should work too. The tricky part is that Banshee has to unmount the phone to get a connection. Usually with some cajoling you can get Banshee < 2.9 to recognise MTP devices but support is much better in the development version at the moment.

On 1 July 2014 17:54, RUSTY DIXON <[hidden email]> wrote:

How well does Banshee handle syncing music to  an Android phone these days ? I always had trouble in the past with it seeing my phone.

On Jun 29, 2014 7:35 AM, "Roderich Schupp" <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Rev44 <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to put music
on my iPhone 5.  Banshee can see the device, says it putting music on the
phone, then nothing happens! When I look in the music folder on the phone
the is nothing added; what am I doing wrong?

Nothing, writing to newer iOS devices is not supported by libgpod (used by Banshee to manage iOS devices), cf. http://www.gtkpod.org/wiki/Home

Cheers, Roderich

Registered Linux User #392373