Occasional Crash When Creating A New Playlist

Occasional Crash When Creating A New Playlist

Louis W. Adams, Jr.
About half the time when I execute the command to create a new playlist, Banshee disappears and I must restart Banshee. (The crash occurs before the prompt is displayed for entering the playlist name.) On restart then creating the playlist usually proceeds normally, although on rare occasions it can happen again. I do not have my iPod Classic connected when this happens.

I use Banshee 2.6.2 under Ubuntu 16.04, with 32 GB of RAM and plenty of hard disc space. I have over 11,500 tracks in Banshee, so it runs very slowly.

Re: Occasional Crash When Creating A New Playlist

IBBoard
Can you run Banshee from the command-line using "banshee --debug" and
post the logging output when it crashes? Hopefully it'll have something
useful in it.

Thanks.

On 10/02/17 19:48, Louis W. Adams, Jr. wrote:

> About half the time when I execute the command to create a new playlist,
> Banshee disappears and I must restart Banshee. (The crash occurs before the
> prompt is displayed for entering the playlist name.) On restart then
> creating the playlist usually proceeds normally, although on rare occasions
> it can happen again. I do not have my iPod Classic connected when this
> happens.
>
> I use Banshee 2.6.2 under Ubuntu 16.04, with 32 GB of RAM and plenty of hard
> disc space. I have over 11,500 tracks in Banshee, so it runs very slowly.

Re: Occasional Crash When Creating A New Playlist

Louis W. Adams, Jr.
I was not able to crash Banshee while creating a playlist for 55 new tracks ripped from 2 CDs (not ripped using Banshee), although an error message was displayed in the GUI while I worked.  I replied to the message that data should be sent to Banshee folks for analysis.

Even without a crash, errors were reported, and I've attached two files.  The file "BansheeDebugLog_17-02-16a" are messages displayed in the terminal.  The file "BansheeDebugLog_17-02-16" are messages piped to the debug log file.  Both files contain error messages that might be useful.

I plan to occasionally create playlists to see if I can record a crash.

Lou
2/16/17

BansheeDebugLog_17-02-16a.txt

BansheeDebugLog_17-02-16.txt