Migration of banshee-list to GNOME Discourse instance

Migration of banshee-list to GNOME Discourse instance

Banshee Media Player mailing list

Dear subscribers,

Please cc me on any replies!

We've set up https://discourse.gnome.org a year and a half ago, as part of an attempt at making the GTK mailing list more friendly to newcomers. This experiment seems to have proven itself well enough, and has since expanded to other territories as well. As such, we believe it is time to make the same switch for most of our mailing lists.

This means that this mailing list will be archived in favour of continued discussion at GNOME's Discourse instance. No need to worry that this will mess with your workflow: it is still possible to get notifications by email by subscribing to the appropriate tags and/or posts. You can also still reply by e-mail if you prefer. Just like before, it's also possible to receive a general weekly digest.

The proposed closure of this mailing list will be on: Oct 30th, 2020

As a subscriber of this mailing list please create an account on https://discourse.gnome.org/. It's unfortunately not possible to automatically migrate the existing subscribers to Discourse. In case you wonder what will happen to the current mailing list after the closure date: the archives will remain public though you won't be able to subscribe or send emails to the current list.

For banshee-list the new discussions would take place in the Applications category on Discourse using the (to be created) 'banshee' tag.

Note: Banshee itself has been archived due to lack of development for many years, see https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/Infrastructure/-/issues/264 for where it got archived. As a result, I'm not sure if people want to discuss Banshee any further?

For further information on Discourse, please see the following topics:

Finally, feel welcome to say hi by introducing yourself over at https://discourse.gnome.org/t/say-hello-thread/ !

On behalf of the Discourse migration volunteers.

Cheers, Olav

Re: Migration of banshee-list to GNOME Discourse instance

Banshee Media Player mailing list

Hello Olav,

I think that some people would be interested in continuing the discussion about Banshee. Are you the one who can create the “banshee” tag on the new Discourse platform?

Le 20-10-08 à 09 h 06, Olav Vitters via banshee-list a écrit :

[...]

Hi Christian,

I've requested the tag to be created, see
https://discourse.gnome.org/t/please-add-a-banshee-application-tag/4451.
The Discourse people are usually pretty quick to respond to such
requests. I'll mention here once the tag has been created.

Regards,
Olav

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 4:44 PM Christian Perreault
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Olav,
>
> I think that some people would be interested in continuing the discussion about Banshee. Are you the one who can create the “banshee” tag on the new Discourse platform?
>

> Le 20-10-08 à 09 h 06, Olav Vitters via banshee-list a écrit :
>
> Dear subscribers,
>
> Please cc me on any replies!
>
> We've set up https://discourse.gnome.org a year and a half ago, as part of an attempt at making the GTK mailing list more friendly to newcomers. This experiment seems to have proven itself well enough, and has since expanded to other territories as well. As such, we believe it is time to make the same switch for most of our mailing lists.
>
> This means that this mailing list will be archived in favour of continued discussion at GNOME's Discourse instance. No need to worry that this will mess with your workflow: it is still possible to get notifications by email by subscribing to the appropriate tags and/or posts. You can also still reply by e-mail if you prefer. Just like before, it's also possible to receive a general weekly digest.
>
> The proposed closure of this mailing list will be on: Oct 30th, 2020
>
> As a subscriber of this mailing list please create an account on https://discourse.gnome.org/. It's unfortunately not possible to automatically migrate the existing subscribers to Discourse. In case you wonder what will happen to the current mailing list after the closure date: the archives will remain public though you won't be able to subscribe or send emails to the current list.
>
> For banshee-list the new discussions would take place in the Applications category on Discourse using the (to be created) 'banshee' tag.
>
> Note: Banshee itself has been archived due to lack of development for many years, see https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/Infrastructure/-/issues/264 for where it got archived. As a result, I'm not sure if people want to discuss Banshee any further?
>
> For further information on Discourse, please see the following topics:
>
> https://discourse.gnome.org/t/interacting-with-discourse-via-email/46
> https://discourse.gnome.org/t/tags-and-watching/94
>
> Finally, feel welcome to say hi by introducing yourself over at https://discourse.gnome.org/t/say-hello-thread/ !
>
> On behalf of the Discourse migration volunteers.
>
> Cheers, Olav

Re: Migration of banshee-list to GNOME Discourse instance

Banshee Media Player mailing list
The tag has been created! Anyone wanting to try out the 'banshee' tag
on Discourse can now do so. In case of problems either let me know or
on the 'Site Feedback' section. Again: the mailing list will be kept
open until Oct 30th 2020.