Migrate all playlists from old banshee.db to new one
I have a new OS installation and am too lazy to recreate all my playlists manually.
In banshee.db I can see some tables that clearly are related to playlists.
- CorePlaylists defines static playlists
- CoreSmartPlaylists defines dynamic playlists
- CorePlaylistEntries stores the tracks of the static playlists
- CoreSmartPlaylistEntries cache the tracks for the dynamic playlists
- It seems too complicated to migrate the static playlist's contents, cause the track ids differ for sure
- But there should be no problem to migrate the dynamic playlists without the cached entries
- Can s. o. tell me what the CoreSmartPlaylists.PrimarySourceID is about? This seems to be the only foreign type in this table...
Re: Migrate all playlists from old banshee.db to new one
CoreSmartPlaylists.PrimarySourceID refers to coreprimarysources.PrimarySourceID.
A Primary source refers to a source of media : music, video, etc.
You can see in coreprimarysources that the default Banshee music
library has PrimarySourceID = 1.
If you rebuild your music DB, you can try to recreate your static
playlists by using a copy of your original coretracks table by
matching your tracks TrackID on their Uri, if they kept some
common part in their path. I did this in the past and it worked