Internet Radio

Jonnie
I have added an internet radio station to Banshee 2.6.2 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. The station is called RSG and the url is http://web.sabc.co.za/digital/player/1.0/rsg/index.html#listenLiveTab. That url works perfectly good if opened in Firefox.

However, when I try to play the station in Banshee, I get the following message:
mono-sgen requires to install plugins to play media files of the following type: application/x-gzip decoder

Where do I get this decoder and how do I install it?

Re: Internet Radio

Danny Schmarsel
It doesn't work that way. You can't just paste links from your web
browser into Banshee.

In this particular case they have embedded a Flash Player into a
website, Banshee cannot play this.

The Flash player itself points to a RTMP address:

rtmp://46.4.25.213:1935/rsg

This is the address for streaming the station.
However, Banshee cannot play RTMP streams, you will have to use a
different program that can handle it.

-Danny

Am 28.2.2016 9:37, schrieb Jonnie:

> I have added an internet radio station to Banshee 2.6.2 on Ubuntu 14.04
> LTS.
> The station is called RSG and the url is
> http://web.sabc.co.za/digital/player/1.0/rsg/index.html#listenLiveTab.
> That
> url works perfectly good if opened in Firefox.
>
> However, when I try to play the station in Banshee, I get the following
> message:
> mono-sgen requires to install plugins to play media files of the
> following
> type: application/x-gzip decoder
>
> Where do I get this decoder and how do I install it?

Re: Internet Radio

Jonnie
Danny Schmarsel wrote
It doesn't work that way. You can't just paste links from your web
browser into Banshee.
Thanks Danny. So how do I go about setting Banshee up for playing this station then?

Re: Internet Radio

Danny Schmarsel
Am 28.2.2016 10:16, schrieb Jonnie:
> Thanks Danny. So how do I go about setting Banshee up for playing this
> station then?

You cannot use Banshee to play this station.
Banshee can't play RTMP streams and it's the only thing this station
offers.

-Danny