Installing banshee on Xubuntu 19.04

Jeffery Small
I've been using banshee for years.  I just upgraded to Xubuntu 19.04 and
there were all sorts of problems with banshee.  It ran, but could not be
terminated with Ctrl-Q, requiring the process to be killed.  It no longer
registered itself with the volume tools and it would not accept command-line
controls, launching a new independent process each time!

I removed the old package with the intent to reinstall it, but then found
that neither ppa:banshee-team/ppa nor the ppa:banshee-team/banshee-unstable
maintain the proper control file for this or any recent version of the OS.
The Canonical Software center is not maintaining an packages for this.

So what do I need to do to get this reinstalled?

Thanks for your assistance.

--
Sent from: http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Installing banshee on Xubuntu 19.04

Banshee Media Player mailing list
Hi Jeffery,
Check out my post, "Installing 2.9.1"; Nick was super helpful and gave lots
of detailed instructions. AFAIK there's been no PPA update in a while, I've
not gotten around to installing myself, life keeps getting in the way. But
if you read through that thread, hopefully that'll get you up and running.
And please post back, either here or on that thread, it would be good to all
work together to write up a foolproof step by step how to.

Cheers!

--
Sent from: http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/

Re: Installing banshee on Xubuntu 19.04

Jeffery Small
Thanks for the info.  I'll check out the thread.

--
Sent from: http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/