I give up

Timothy Collins-2
I try installing Banshee from ubuntu's software manager. It give me version 0.13. So I try unistalling it and following the steps presented on the site. It gives me version 0.13.

I give up on trying to get version 1 installed. I hope I notice when Ubunut directly supports this version - maybe I'll give it a second chance. until then, at least Rythmbox recognizes when an MP3 player is installed...

Re: I give up

David Nielsen

2008/5/11 Timothy Collins <[hidden email]>:
I try installing Banshee from ubuntu's software manager. It give me version 0.13. So I try unistalling it and following the steps presented on the site. It gives me version 0.13.

I give up on trying to get version 1 installed. I hope I notice when Ubunut directly supports this version - maybe I'll give it a second chance. until then, at least Rythmbox recognizes when an MP3 player is installed...

For Ubuntu you need to use the PPA.

https://edge.launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive

Then install the banshee-1 package not the banshee one.

I use Fedora so I can't confirm that this works but all manner of logic says it should.

- David

Re: I give up

David Nielsen

2008/5/11 Timothy Collins <[hidden email]>:
Here's the next problem - Banshee 1.0, which is finally installed, seems to have a problem with podcasts. Every time I try to subscribe to a podcast, it closes Banshee...

Known issue, the Ubuntu packages wrongly enabled podcasting support even though it is currently extremely broken. The aim is to have it working for beta 2 and in the meantime packages without this support should be flowing down your pipes shortly.

- David

Re: I give up

David Nielsen

2008/5/11 Timothy Collins <[hidden email]>:
That's sad... since the main thing I use my player for is Podcasts... Oh well, until Banshee fixes it, I can limp along with RythmBox, although it is a major step downward after using Banshee...

 I love me some podcasts as well, Mike and Gabe will have it fixed up soon though but it is called a beta release for a reason.

Re: I give up

Chow Loong Jin

Re: I give up

Timothy Collins-2
Cool. Any idea when podcast support will be fixed? Not to sound mean, since I really think Banshee is one of the best music managers I have ever used (And I am including iTunes in that assessment), but the fact is if all I wanted to do is send music to my player I can do that with drag and drops... Podcast support is what I base my use of this type of app on...

Re: I give up

Chow Loong Jin

Re: I give up

"Andrés G. Aragoneses"
Hyperair wrote:

> Timothy Collins wrote:
>> Cool. Any idea when podcast support will be fixed? Not to sound mean,
>> since I really think Banshee is one of the best music managers I have
>> ever used (And I am including iTunes in that assessment), but the fact
>> is if all I wanted to do is send music to my player I can do that with
>> drag and drops... Podcast support is what I base my use of this type of
>> app on...
>
> Well, I reckon Beta 2 should have it enabled. Or if you care to follow
> trunk, it may get enabled somewhere along the line there.

http://gburt.blogspot.com/2008/05/banshee-podcast-support-coming-in-beta.html

Regards,

        Andres