I can not compile master on Arch Linux

Ivan Kanis
Hello,

I would like to install the git master version on my Arch Linux.

In your web page it mentions a banshee-git package. Unfortunately it does not exist anymore.

I have cloned the repository and run autogen.sh.

I get the following error:

checking for Mono 2.0 GAC for Mono.Posix.dll... not found

I have put the full output here: http://kanis.fr/banshee.txt

However there is a file /usr/lib/mono/2.0-api/Mono.Posix.dll on my computer.

I then tried to compile it using Monodevelop and the solution file.

I have the following warning:

/usr/lib/mono/4.5/Microsoft.Common.targets: Warning: Reference 'glib-sharp, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=35e10195dab3c99f' not resolved (Hyena)

which leads to the following error:

/home/ivan/tmp/banshee/src/Hyena/Hyena/Hyena/SafeUri.cs(31,31): Error CS0103: The name `GLib' does not exist in the current context (CS0103) (Hyena)

On the official Nuget Gallery there is glib 2.36.2.11, a version under 3.0.

I am a bit at loss on how to proceed. I am a complete novice in C. I am a complete novice in C#. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ivan

Re: I can not compile master on Arch Linux

7even
Hi Ivan,

I went through the same process as you from some days ago until now... meanwhile I can compile Banshee without errors, but get errors at start.

There were the exact same errors to me that you posted. To solve them, I manually had to replace all the references to *-sharp libs with selfbuilt ones. Additionally, my Monodevelop was not able to find basic mono system libraries for whatever reasons - I had to manually add their references into each project.
This was huge work and I wonder why everything fails so hard...

Nevertheless, here are the git links for the *-sharp libraries:
http://banshee.fm/download/development/ (look at 2. Get Source Code - Other Libraries)
I needed them ALL!

Currently, I am wondering why libbanshee.so does not get created ... and without this, my Banshee refuses to start.

Good luck,
7even

Re: I can not -> now compile master on Arch Linux

7even
Meanwhile I got it running!

I stole libbanshee.so from my banshee installation, had to fix some more DllNotFoundExceptions, now it works. But it crashes on some commands...

Feel free to ask questions, if you need additional help on how to get the beast tamed! ;-)