High CPU editing metadata

threex5
Hello, I have a lot of smart playlists -- over 70. When I edit the metadata for a file, the numbers next to smart playlists flicker and banshee CPU usage surges to over 150%.

I'm assuming this is because there are so many smart playlists, and Banshee needs to recurse through all of them to determine if they need to be updated. Is this the likely reason? If so, is there a way to get around this? Maybe I can set smart playlists to only update manually, or when the program starts.