File not found, then Banshee crashes

Unther42
I have what seems to be three bugs in one.  This suddenly appeared back in December.

When I play something, a little box with an X appears beside it.  When I hover the cursor over it, it says, "File not found."  Yet I can still often play the track anyway.
When I do play a track, it will either not advance to the next one, or will crash Banshee altogether.

Banshee's Help does not address this at all.  Nor does it appear in a search of the forum archives...unless I haven't dug deeply enough.