Compilation problem on Ubuntu Hardy

julien cubizolles
I can't compile the latest svn. make fails with :

./Banshee.Playlists.Formats/Tests/PlaylistFormatTests.cs(33,7): error
CS0246: The type or namespace name `NUnit' could not be found. Are you
missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

and several like it.

Re: Compilation problem on Ubuntu Hardy

Chow Loong Jin
julien cubizolles wrote:

> I can't compile the latest svn. make fails with :
>
> ./Banshee.Playlists.Formats/Tests/PlaylistFormatTests.cs(33,7): error
> CS0246: The type or namespace name `NUnit' could not be found. Are you
> missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
>
> and several like it.

You're missing some dependencies I think. Why don't you try using the
PPA ( http://edge.launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive ), and installing
all the relevant build-deps? Then try compiling again.

--
Hyperair

Re: Compilation problem on Ubuntu Hardy

Sandy Armstrong
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:47 AM, julien cubizolles
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I can't compile the latest svn. make fails with :
>
> ./Banshee.Playlists.Formats/Tests/PlaylistFormatTests.cs(33,7): error
> CS0246: The type or namespace name `NUnit' could not be found. Are you
> missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
>
> and several like it.

This is known.  You should still be able to install or do `make run`
to run uninstalled, as everything else built before the test stuff
started building.

Sandy

2008/5/20 Hyperair <[hidden email]>:

> julien cubizolles wrote:
>> I can't compile the latest svn. make fails with :
>>
>> ./Banshee.Playlists.Formats/Tests/PlaylistFormatTests.cs(33,7): error
>> CS0246: The type or namespace name `NUnit' could not be found. Are you
>> missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
>>
>> and several like it.

> You're missing some dependencies I think. Why don't you try using the
> PPA ( http://edge.launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive ), and installing
> all the relevant build-deps? Then try compiling again.

He's missing NUnit, but that's not needed to run Banshee itself.
Check out the ChangeLog, and you'll see that it's Aaron's intent that
the tests only build if NUnit is available.  Even if he installed
NUnit he'd still probably run into errors right now while building the
tests.

Sandy

Sandy Armstrong wrote:

> 2008/5/20 Hyperair <[hidden email]>:
>> julien cubizolles wrote:
>>> I can't compile the latest svn. make fails with :
>>>
>>> ./Banshee.Playlists.Formats/Tests/PlaylistFormatTests.cs(33,7): error
>>> CS0246: The type or namespace name `NUnit' could not be found. Are you
>>> missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
>>>
>>> and several like it.

>> You're missing some dependencies I think. Why don't you try using the
>> PPA ( http://edge.launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive ), and installing
>> all the relevant build-deps? Then try compiling again.
>
> He's missing NUnit, but that's not needed to run Banshee itself.
> Check out the ChangeLog, and you'll see that it's Aaron's intent that
> the tests only build if NUnit is available.  Even if he installed
> NUnit he'd still probably run into errors right now while building the
> tests.
>
> Sandy
I see. There isn't any way to specifically disable tests through
configure or autogen.sh is there?

--
Hyperair

Re: Compilation problem on Ubuntu Hardy

LCID Fire
Sandy Armstrong wrote:

> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:47 AM, julien cubizolles
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I can't compile the latest svn. make fails with :
>>
>> ./Banshee.Playlists.Formats/Tests/PlaylistFormatTests.cs(33,7): error
>> CS0246: The type or namespace name `NUnit' could not be found. Are you
>> missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
>>
>> and several like it.
>
> This is known.  You should still be able to install or do `make run`
> to run uninstalled, as everything else built before the test stuff
> started building.
Well the error message is misleading (as it's not really an error) - but
being able to run the stuff that simple is great anyways - thanks guys
(and girls) for the work :)

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:53 AM, LCID Fire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sandy Armstrong wrote:
>> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:47 AM, julien cubizolles
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I can't compile the latest svn. make fails with :
>>>
>>> ./Banshee.Playlists.Formats/Tests/PlaylistFormatTests.cs(33,7): error
>>> CS0246: The type or namespace name `NUnit' could not be found. Are you
>>> missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
>>>
>>> and several like it.
>>
>> This is known.  You should still be able to install or do `make run`
>> to run uninstalled, as everything else built before the test stuff
>> started building.
> Well the error message is misleading (as it's not really an error) - but
> being able to run the stuff that simple is great anyways - thanks guys
> (and girls) for the work :)

It is an error in the build process...this is not uncommon when
running from trunk.  As I was recently reminded...always look at the
ChangeLog before you decide to run from trunk.  :-)  I'm sure it will
be fixed soon.

Sandy

Re: Compilation problem on Ubuntu Hardy

julien cubizolles

> >> This is known.  You should still be able to install or do `make run`
> >> to run uninstalled, as everything else built before the test stuff
> >> started building.
> > Well the error message is misleading (as it's not really an error) - but
> > being able to run the stuff that simple is great anyways - thanks guys
> > (and girls) for the work :)

I tried running make run but it didn't help :
"Cannot open assembly Nereid.exe"

I also apt-get build-dep from the ppa, still no luck.

> It is an error in the build process...this is not uncommon when
> running from trunk.  As I was recently reminded...always look at the
> ChangeLog before you decide to run from trunk.  :-)  I'm sure it will
> be fixed soon.

I think I'll just wait for an update, there's no hurry : I still have a
working copy.

Thanks for you help.

Re: Compilation problem on Ubuntu Hardy

markus matuszczak
i use this patch to build ...

Am Dienstag, den 20.05.2008, 10:59 -0700 schrieb Sandy Armstrong:

> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:53 AM, LCID Fire <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Sandy Armstrong wrote:

> >> This is known.  You should still be able to install or do `make run`
> >> to run uninstalled, as everything else built before the test stuff
> >> started building.
> > Well the error message is misleading (as it's not really an error) - but
> > being able to run the stuff that simple is great anyways - thanks guys
> > (and girls) for the work :)
>
> It is an error in the build process...this is not uncommon when
> running from trunk.  As I was recently reminded...always look at the
> ChangeLog before you decide to run from trunk.  :-)  I'm sure it will
> be fixed soon.
>
> Sandy
use your brain and think about it

 /~\
C oo
_( ^)
/   ~\
http://konsumer.wordpress.com/

E-Mail: [hidden email]
Fon: +49 (0) 351 4644814
Mobile: +49 (0) 162 6688549

01_fix-build.patch (804 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Compilation problem on Ubuntu Hardy

Nick Parker-4
Hyperair wrote:

> Sandy Armstrong wrote:

>>> You're missing some dependencies I think. Why don't you try using the
>>> PPA ( http://edge.launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive ), and installing
>>> all the relevant build-deps? Then try compiling again.
>>>
>> He's missing NUnit, but that's not needed to run Banshee itself.
>> Check out the ChangeLog, and you'll see that it's Aaron's intent that
>> the tests only build if NUnit is available.  Even if he installed
>> NUnit he'd still probably run into errors right now while building the
>> tests.
>>
>> Sandy
>>
> I see. There isn't any way to specifically disable tests through
> configure or autogen.sh is there?

I'm getting the same build issue. Builds ran fine a couple days ago.

If it's only supposed to test if NUnit is available, then, well, I guess
that isn't working.