Command for Preferred apps

Chuck-59
I know this is a n00b query, but if the cap fits....

I'm trying to sort the "preferred application" settings so that Banshee
talks to a URL. ATM, it's locked on Totem.
I don't understand the format of the command to make it happen. I've
Googled assiduously, but the results don't seem to relate to my specific
question (or they haven't worked!!), and copious experimentation has
been unsuccessful.

Using Ubuntu Hardy, Banshee 0.99.3

I love the way it handles my disk collection, and I'm keen to use it for
interweb radio/podcasts.
TIA

Re: Command for Preferred apps

Gabriel Burt
On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 6:48 AM, Chuck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know this is a n00b query, but if the cap fits....
>
> I'm trying to sort the "preferred application" settings so that Banshee
> talks to a URL. ATM, it's locked on Totem.
> I don't understand the format of the command to make it happen. I've
> Googled assiduously, but the results don't seem to relate to my specific
> question (or they haven't worked!!), and copious experimentation has
> been unsuccessful.
>
> Using Ubuntu Hardy, Banshee 0.99.3
>
> I love the way it handles my disk collection, and I'm keen to use it for
> interweb radio/podcasts.

Chuck,

You pass a file or uri to banshee-1 like this:  banshee-1 /path/to/my/file.

For podcasts specifically, if you pass banshee-1
feed://url.com/to/my/podcast.xml, Banshee will subscribe to that
podcast (but not start playing it).

Hope that helps,

Gabriel