Cannot sort by track number

cadiolis
I just created a playlist by doing a search for a square bracket as I have a number of songs from a 'Top 100 of the 80s' playlist in the form of "Take On Me [October 1985]".  This worked great and I created a playlist from it, but now I cannot sort the playlist by track number.  It seems to force a sort on Artist first.

Is this a bug?  Or a 'feature'? ;)  I don't seem to be able to drag the songs into order either.  Do I have to manually make the playlist?

Re: Cannot sort by track number

infernux-2

> I just created a playlist by doing a search for a square bracket as I have a
> number of songs from a 'Top 100 of the 80s' playlist in the form of "Take On
> Me [October 1985]".  This worked great and I created a playlist from it, but
> now I cannot sort the playlist by track number.  It seems to force a sort on
> Artist first.
>
> Is this a bug?  Or a 'feature'? ;)  I don't seem to be able to drag the
> songs into order either.  Do I have to manually make the playlist?

Actually sorting by track number seems to work really strange in any source.
Aaron, Gabriel: is this the expected behavior?

Cheers

Re: Cannot sort by track number

Patryk Zawadzki
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 9:54 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I just created a playlist by doing a search for a square bracket as I have a
>> number of songs from a 'Top 100 of the 80s' playlist in the form of "Take On
>> Me [October 1985]".  This worked great and I created a playlist from it, but
>> now I cannot sort the playlist by track number.  It seems to force a sort on
>> Artist first.
>>
>> Is this a bug?  Or a 'feature'? ;)  I don't seem to be able to drag the
>> songs into order either.  Do I have to manually make the playlist?
>
> Actually sorting by track number seems to work really strange in any source.
> Aaron, Gabriel: is this the expected behavior?

This is related to Banshee not being able to detect and handle albums
by various artists. Current sort by track # behaves correctly as it
sorts by artist and album first. You wouldn't want you player to show
you all the first tracks then all the second then all the third when
listening to several albums at once.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution