CD Burning

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

CD Burning

Thomas Baker-4
A couple of questions regarding cd burning.

Is it possible with the new banshee/brasero cd burning to write a
transcoded mp3 data cd with folders of albums? I store most of my music
as flac but use mp3 data cds in the car. It doesn't seem possible now
but I'd gladly be corrected. Are there any plans for it?

Is the envisioned way for cd writing to create a playlist of the songs
you want in the order you want, then go to that play list, select all
the songs, then "Write CD..."? It just wasn't immediately obvious to me.

I am the only one who get's bitten by the context sensitive Control-A
being go back to all albums if you're in the album pane but select all
when you're in the song pane? In trying to test writing cd's I'd
selected a bunch of albums and was trying to select all the songs when
it just reset my selection instead. It's happened other times to me too
but this was an obvious illustration. I'd prefer them to be different
keys, maybe CTRL-SHIFT-A for albums and CTRL-A for select all. I may not
see the big picture though about what you're trying to accomplish.

The new banshee is really coming along. I'm looking forward to 1.0...

Thanks,

tjb
--
=======================================================================
| Thomas Baker                                  email: [hidden email]    |
| Systems Programmer                                                  |
| Research Computing Center                     voice: (603) 862-4490 |
| University of New Hampshire                     fax: (603) 862-1761 |
| 332 Morse Hall                                                      |
| Durham, NH 03824 USA              http://wintermute.sr.unh.edu/~tjb |
=======================================================================

_______________________________________________
Banshee-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/banshee-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: CD Burning

Gabriel Burt
On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 8:32 AM, Thomas J. Baker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> A couple of questions regarding cd burning.
>
> Is it possible with the new banshee/brasero cd burning to write a
> transcoded mp3 data cd with folders of albums? I store most of my music
> as flac but use mp3 data cds in the car. It doesn't seem possible now
> but I'd gladly be corrected. Are there any plans for it?

I'm not sure - I would think there is quite a bit more power in
Brasero we could leverage.

> Is the envisioned way for cd writing to create a playlist of the songs
> you want in the order you want, then go to that play list, select all
> the songs, then "Write CD..."? It just wasn't immediately obvious to me.

I think so - but you can select and right click to choose 'Write
CD...' from anywhere, including within your Music Library itself,
search/filtered etc.

> I am the only one who get's bitten by the context sensitive Control-A
> being go back to all albums if you're in the album pane but select all
> when you're in the song pane? In trying to test writing cd's I'd
> selected a bunch of albums and was trying to select all the songs when
> it just reset my selection instead. It's happened other times to me too
> but this was an obvious illustration. I'd prefer them to be different
> keys, maybe CTRL-SHIFT-A for albums and CTRL-A for select all. I may not
> see the big picture though about what you're trying to accomplish.

I don't follow the bug.  In general, ctrl-a is a global keybinding to
select all tracks, but when you have the album or artist filter pane
focused, we suppress that global keybinding so that ctrl-a selects all
albums or artists.  Is this not the behavior you're seeing?

Gabriel
_______________________________________________
Banshee-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/banshee-list