Building Banshee -- ssh key setup for OS X?

Building Banshee -- ssh key setup for OS X?

Ruffin Bailey
I left Banshee building overnight following the instructions for OS X (http://banshee.fm/download/development/#osx), and woke up to some sort of handshake error.  Here's the line where it borks.

git clone "[hidden email]:~dynalon/banshee-community-extensions/banshee-community-extensions-macosx.git" "banshee-community-extensions-master.git"
Cloning into banshee-community-extensions-master.git...
Permission denied (publickey).

I did a little Googling and tried to set up a key, but apparently didn't do it correctly.

Are there docs somewhere I should be following here, or some trick to the setup?

Thanks,

Ruffin Bailey

Re: Building Banshee -- ssh key setup for OS X?

Timo Dörr
Hi,

I fixed that issue at the monkeyspace hackfest two weeks ago. The
gitorious repo url was set to ssh access (which you would need my key
for). The fix is in bockbuild master on github since then, when did
you check out bockbuild? I think a "git pull" in your bockbuild will
update the banshee-bce.py package, and then it should build.

Greetz,
Timo

P.S: That just reminded me to send a pull request to upstream banshee-bce :)

2012/11/3 Ruffin Bailey <[hidden email]>:

> I left Banshee building overnight following the instructions for OS X
> (http://banshee.fm/download/development/#osx), and woke up to some sort of
> handshake error.  Here's the line where it borks.
>
> git clone
> "[hidden email]:~dynalon/banshee-community-extensions/banshee-community-extensions-macosx.git"
> "banshee-community-extensions-master.git"
> Cloning into banshee-community-extensions-master.git...
> Permission denied (publickey).
>

> I did a little Googling and tried to set up a key, but apparently didn't do
> it correctly.
>
> Are there docs somewhere I should be following here, or some trick to the
> setup?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ruffin Bailey

Re: Building Banshee -- ssh key setup for OS X?

"Andrés G. Aragoneses"
On 03/11/12 19:01, Timo Dörr wrote:

> P.S: That just reminded me to send a pull request to upstream banshee-bce :)

Timo, you're part of the b-c-e group in gitorious so I don't think you
need to open pull requests, just commit/push straight away.

> 2012/11/3 Ruffin Bailey <[hidden email]>:
>> I left Banshee building overnight following the instructions for OS X
>> (http://banshee.fm/download/development/#osx), and woke up to some sort of
>> handshake error.  Here's the line where it borks.
>>
>> git clone
>> "[hidden email]:~dynalon/banshee-community-extensions/banshee-community-extensions-macosx.git"
>> "banshee-community-extensions-master.git"
>> Cloning into banshee-community-extensions-master.git...
>> Permission denied (publickey).
>> fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
>>

>> I did a little Googling and tried to set up a key, but apparently didn't do
>> it correctly.
>>
>> Are there docs somewhere I should be following here, or some trick to the
>> setup?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ruffin Bailey

Re: Building Banshee -- ssh key setup for OS X?

Timo Dörr
I forgot, those changes are only in the banshee-2.6-stable branch of
bockbuild, make sure to use that branch. I've just merge this and some
other fixes into the unstable master branch, if you are on that, git
pull them and see if that works.

Greetz
Timo