Banshee Project Status?

A. Tyner
Hi everyone-

Just wanted to see if there is yet an organized reformation of the Banshee project?

For so long, Banshee was really king of the music players within Gnome systems.
When I moved into Linux, I was very happy to see such a well-developed application.

Even now, Banshee offers better features than Rhythmbox which is the official substitute for Mint 18.2.
However, many of the features of Banshee are breaking because of the lack of maintenance.

Since there has been no official news release on the question of Banshee's status, I just wanted to ask the Banshee list if there is an effort to resurrect Banshee?

Considering the feature set, visually pleasing GUI, it seems a shame to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
But, regretably, I am not a programmer, so there are no doubt issues that I do not fully comprehend.

All the same, it would be helpful I think for the Linux community at large to hear news of the offical status and or any organized effort to continue the project.

Thanks,
Allen

Re: Banshee Project Status?

A. Tyner
Just wanted to add...

I just tried Rhythmbox and Music (aka GnomeMusic), each taken from the official Ubuntu 16.04 repos...

It really is sad, but even my semi-broken version of Banshee is more functional and less buggy than either of the players that are presently in development.

Music was useless in Xubuntu: it had no apparent means of setting up preferences.  No way to create a new playlist.  No way to import.  Terrible!  Not even alpha quality!!

RhythmBox locked up and crashed repeatedly.  It seemed to corrupt itself and could not remember where my music library was located, or display my music files.

Both players were removed within 30 minutes.

I couldn't wait to sudo apt autoremove any of the junk they brought with them!

Viva Banshee!!