Banshee Lyrics Plugin

Christian Martellini
I'm glad to announce a new version of Banshee Lyrics Plugin.
This release includes some new features and supports both the 0.13.x and
1.0 versions of banshee.

Please download it and report me bugs..
http://gtk-apps.org/content/show.php/Banshee+Lyrics+plugin?content=64837
Any help is welcome.

Cheers,
Christian

Re: Banshee Lyrics Plugin

Gabriel Burt
On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Christian Martellini
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm glad to announce a new version of Banshee Lyrics Plugin.
> This release includes some new features and supports both the 0.13.x and
> 1.0 versions of banshee.
>
> Please download it and report me bugs..
> http://gtk-apps.org/content/show.php/Banshee+Lyrics+plugin?content=64837
> Any help is welcome.

Looks really neat!  I wonder if we shouldn't make this an official
extension (shipped but perhaps turned off by default).

Gabriel

Re: Banshee Lyrics Plugin

infernux-2
> Looks really neat!  I wonder if we shouldn't make this an official
> extension (shipped but perhaps turned off by default).

Wouldn't it be better to integrate a lyrics display into the now playing source? Perhaps somehow detachable for those who want to read the lyrics while banshee is minimized?

Cheers,
-Michael

Re: Banshee Lyrics Plugin

Christian Martellini

I'm happy for this oppurtunity :) . Count on my support for any
change/request in order to improve the plugin.

Christian

> Looks really neat!  I wonder if we shouldn't make this an official
> extension (shipped but perhaps turned off by default).
>
> Gabriel

Re: Banshee Lyrics Plugin

espresso
Christian Martellini wrote:
> I'm glad to announce a new version of Banshee Lyrics Plugin.
> This release includes some new features and supports both the 0.13.x and
> 1.0 versions of banshee.
>
> Please download it and report me bugs..
> http://gtk-apps.org/content/show.php/Banshee+Lyrics+plugin?content=64837
> Any help is welcome.

For some reason it's not showing up in Banshee 1 or 0.13. I've copied
the binary files to the plugin directories. The extensions manager for
Banshee 1 hasn't been available anyway, but I don't know any reason it
wouldn't show up in Banshee 0.

Jon

Re: Banshee Lyrics Plugin

Sandy Armstrong
On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Jon Cosby <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Christian Martellini wrote:
>> I'm glad to announce a new version of Banshee Lyrics Plugin.
>> This release includes some new features and supports both the 0.13.x and
>> 1.0 versions of banshee.
>>
>> Please download it and report me bugs..
>> http://gtk-apps.org/content/show.php/Banshee+Lyrics+plugin?content=64837
>> Any help is welcome.
>>

> For some reason it's not showing up in Banshee 1 or 0.13. I've copied
> the binary files to the plugin directories. The extensions manager for
> Banshee 1 hasn't been available anyway, but I don't know any reason it
> wouldn't show up in Banshee 0.

Banshee 1.0 Beta 1 has a "Manage Extensions" tab in the Preferences window.

Sandy

Re: Banshee Lyrics Plugin

espresso
Sandy Armstrong wrote:

> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Jon Cosby <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Christian Martellini wrote:
>>> I'm glad to announce a new version of Banshee Lyrics Plugin.
>>> This release includes some new features and supports both the 0.13.x and
>>> 1.0 versions of banshee.
>>>
>>> Please download it and report me bugs..
>>> http://gtk-apps.org/content/show.php/Banshee+Lyrics+plugin?content=64837
>>> Any help is welcome.
>>>
>> For some reason it's not showing up in Banshee 1 or 0.13. I've copied
>> the binary files to the plugin directories. The extensions manager for
>> Banshee 1 hasn't been available anyway, but I don't know any reason it
>> wouldn't show up in Banshee 0.
>
> Banshee 1.0 Beta 1 has a "Manage Extensions" tab in the Preferences window.

Not here. I'm sure I'm missing something in the configuration but I
haven't found any information on this.

Jon

Re: Banshee Lyrics Plugin

emanuele gringeri
This post was updated on .
Jon Cosby wrote
For some reason it's not showing up in Banshee 1 or 0.13. I've copied
the binary files to the plugin directories. The extensions manager for
Banshee 1 hasn't been available anyway, but I don't know any reason it
wouldn't show up in Banshee 0.

Jon
The same here with latest banshee svn under gentoo..
trick to fix?
thanks in advance

Re: Banshee Lyrics Plugin

Chow Loong Jin
emanuele gringeri wrote:

> Jon Cosby wrote:
>>
>> For some reason it's not showing up in Banshee 1 or 0.13. I've copied
>> the binary files to the plugin directories. The extensions manager for
>> Banshee 1 hasn't been available anyway, but I don't know any reason it
>> wouldn't show up in Banshee 0.
>>

>> Jon
>>

> The same here with latest banshee svn under gentoo..
> trick to fix?
> thanks in advance
I've gotten it working on SVN here. ArchLinux. I also install my
extensions directly into /usr/lib/banshee-1/Extensions. You may need to
recompile it, in the case of 1.0. I know I had to.

--
Hyperair

Re: Banshee Lyrics Plugin

espresso
emanuele gringeri wrote:

> Jon Cosby wrote:
>>
>> For some reason it's not showing up in Banshee 1 or 0.13. I've copied
>> the binary files to the plugin directories. The extensions manager for
>> Banshee 1 hasn't been available anyway, but I don't know any reason it
>> wouldn't show up in Banshee 0.
>>

>> Jon
>>

> The same here with latest banshee svn under gentoo..
> trick to fix?
> thanks in advance

The extensions manager was restored when I installed 0.99.3. As for the
Lyrics extension, be sure to point the compiler to it. Look at
configure.ac and src/Extensions/Makefile.am.

jon

Re: Banshee Lyrics Plugin

emanuele gringeri

Jon Cosby wrote

The extensions manager was restored when I installed 0.99.3. As for the
Lyrics extension, be sure to point the compiler to it. Look at
configure.ac and src/Extensions/Makefile.am.
I try to modify extension directory in banshee sources directory to make gcc compiles the Pluggin. Mi steps follow:

1.make a directory src/Extension/Banshee.Lyrics
2. mkdir src/Extension/Banshee.Lyrics/Resources
3. mkdir src/Extension/Banshee.Lyrics/Banshee.Lyrics
4. mkdir src/Extension/Banshee.Lyrics/Banshee.Lyrics.Gui
5. create Makefile.am, Banshee.Lyrics.mdp and Banshee.Lyrics.addin.xml
I had modify also configure.ac and Makefile.am in src directory .

I have the follow issue

Compiling Banshee.Lyrics.dll...
error CS1508: The resource identifier `Banshee.Lyrics.addin.xml' has already been used in this assembly
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings

what's wrong?Makefile.amBanshee.Lyrics.addin.xmlBanshee.Lyrics.mdp

Re: Banshee Lyrics Plugin

espresso
emanuele gringeri wrote:

> I try to modify extension directory in banshee sources directory to make gcc
> compiles the Pluggin. Mi steps follow:
>
> 1.make a directory src/Extension/Banshee.Lyrics
> 2. mkdir src/Extension/Banshee.Lyrics/Resources
> 3. mkdir src/Extension/Banshee.Lyrics/Banshee.Lyrics
> 4. mkdir src/Extension/Banshee.Lyrics/Banshee.Lyrics.Gui
> 5. create Makefile.am, Banshee.Lyrics.mdp and Banshee.Lyrics.addin.xml
> I had modify also configure.ac and Makefile.am in src directory .
>
> I have the follow issue
>
> Compiling Banshee.Lyrics.dll...
> error CS1508: The resource identifier `Banshee.Lyrics.addin.xml' has already
> been used in this assembly
> Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warnings
>
> what's wrong? http://www.nabble.com/file/p17750074/Makefile.am Makefile.am
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p17750074/Banshee.Lyrics.addin.xml
> Banshee.Lyrics.addin.xml
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p17750074/Banshee.Lyrics.mdp Banshee.Lyrics.mdp

It looks like you have two addin registration files
(Banshee.Lyrics.addin.xml). Try removing one.

jon