Quantcast

Banshee 2.6.2 import error in Ubuntu 16.04

Banshee 2.6.2 import error in Ubuntu 16.04

aradhyamathur
Banshee freezes on importing media and stops working. It then has to be force quitted.

Re: Banshee 2.6.2 import error in Ubuntu 16.04

DLinn
I have just made a clean install of Ubuntu 16.04 on an Intel SSD model# HDM-225.. The default for MP3 is Rthymbox but I could not get it to import from another disk on my system. I uninstalled R'box and installed Banshee and the same problem occurs. The problem sequence is:

1  Banshee starts just fine
2  I use Import Media and point to the Music directory on my other disk (Win7 Home Premium)
3  There is no apparent importing, the directory widow remains open and nothing further happens
4  After about 10-15 seconds the application grays out and will not close unless I use 'force quit'

This is exactly the same with R'box.

Help would be most appreciated. I like my music.

TIA,
David
David

Re: Banshee 2.6.2 import error in Ubuntu 16.04

DLinn
I've attached the terminal output as I launched Banshee.
THX Again.

BansheeTerminalOutput.BansheeTerminalOutput
David