Banshee 1.0 and D-Bus

Michael Kaiser-3
Hello,

I was wondering if there's some documentation on Banshee's D-Bus
interface available. I managed to play a song through
org.bansheeproject.Banshee.PlayerEngine's Open and Play methods,
however the currently playing song information in the main window and
the notification area doesn't update correctly ("Unknown
Title"/"Unknown Artist"), so I guess I am doing something wrong. Also
I wasn't able to figure out how to enqueue a number of songs, say an
entire album.

Thanks for any help,

Michael

Re: Banshee 1.0 and D-Bus

Chow Loong Jin
Michael Kaiser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there's some documentation on Banshee's D-Bus
> interface available. I managed to play a song through
> org.bansheeproject.Banshee.PlayerEngine's Open and Play methods,
> however the currently playing song information in the main window and
> the notification area doesn't update correctly ("Unknown
> Title"/"Unknown Artist"), so I guess I am doing something wrong. Also
> I wasn't able to figure out how to enqueue a number of songs, say an
> entire album.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Michael
Right now there isn't any documentation for Banshee's new (1.0) D-Bus
interface, as far as I know. However, if anybody knows anything I'd like
to hear it too.

Also, while this thread is up, I'd like to take the opportunity to ask
if anybody knows how to query the currently playing track's metadata.

--
Hyperair