BPM detection inefficient/too slow?

Moonbase
I have a song library of some 40.000 titles, mostly MP3, moving over to FLAC, some OGG.

I started BPM detection with Banshee about 5 weeks (!) ago, and apart from a few software updates and restarts, Banshee has been constantly running since, but the little throbber still shows "BPM detection" and only quite a few titles have been getting new BPM values (a part of the collection already has BPM info, calculated with MixMeister under Windows, a few years ago).

Is the BPM calculation really such a slow process or am I making any mistakes? (Using Banshee under Ubuntu Studio 14.04 now, formerly under 13.10.) Is there any way to debug this?

Re: BPM detection inefficient/too slow?

Moonbase
This can be closed: Under ubuntu studio 14.04, after using the banshee ppa (which installed v2.6.2), the BPM detection now runs in acceptable time, and doesn't stall.