Quantcast

All this time I thought I had albums with broken FLACs

All this time I thought I had albums with broken FLACs

bobdole
Hi,

Banshee 2.6.2 (I'd use a more recent build but that's not possible on my distro) is having moments of silence and skipping when playing some flac encoded files. At first I thought, goddamnit, I downloaded bad files. But, nope, Audacious is able to play them just fine. I got Audacious set so it uses ALSA and not pulseaudio, no idea if that's the reason. I really wish I could try a more recent build, but that's it for me, banshee 2.9 will not compile correctly in my distro's environment. Just thought I'd let the makers know.

Re: All this time I thought I had albums with broken FLACs

IBBoard
Do you get any related output when you run Banshee from the command-line
with the "--debug" flag?

Also, as you're using Pulse Audio then have you tried running
pavucontrol to see whether Pulse thinks it is getting output from the
app at the quiet parts? It includes a little "volume" bar/single line
visualiser for each app.