ANNOUNCE: Banshee 1.0 Beta 2 (0.99.2) Released!

ANNOUNCE: Banshee 1.0 Beta 2 (0.99.2) Released!

Gabriel Burt
Hello,

We've released Banshee 1.0 Beta 2 (0.99.2), a bit over two weeks after
1.0 Beta 1 release.  It brings some great new features and lots of bug
fixes and performance improvements.

New in this release:

* Podcast extension
* CD Burning
* Auto Rip feature
* Over 28 bugs fixed since the last release

Remember, Banshee 1.0 beta releases can be safely installed and used in
parallel with older Banshee releases, so there should be nothing
stopping you from giving it a try!

Release notes with screenshots, ChangeLog, and updated list of deps:
http://banshee-project.org/Releases/0.99.2

Download the source code:
http://banshee-project.org/files/banshee/banshee-1-0.99.2.tar.bz2
sha1sum: 8de316f88717e405e4bb37d3c49cd452623fd923

And the official blog announcement:
http://gburt.blogspot.com/2008/05/banshee-10-beta-2-released.html

Enjoy!

--Gabriel

Re: ANNOUNCE: Banshee 1.0 Beta 2 (0.99.2) Released!

Bugzilla from chambersr@gmail.com
Hello Gabriel

My brain is still running on "Newby 101", I'm trying to get the latest version of banshee uploaded and have been over the install instructions at least half a dozen times.  I'm missing something.  Under "software sources" "Third-Party Software" I go to "Add" and place in
 http://ppa.launchpad.net/banshee-team/ubuntu hardy main
at this point the Hardy takes over and I can't upload this information.

I'm stumped.  (Ohhhhhh, I know this is going to be so basic it will heart)

Bob.

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 1:54 AM, Gabriel Burt <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Kindest regards

Bob.

Robert Chambers
Champagne Reef
Turtle Bay
St. Philip
Barbados
West Indies
BB18084
Phone: (246)230-2128
Home: (246)416-4509
Fax: (246)416-4205
Skype: chambersr
E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: ANNOUNCE: Banshee 1.0 Beta 2 (0.99.2) Released!

Chow Loong Jin
Robert Chambers wrote:

> My brain is still running on "Newby 101", I'm trying to get the latest
> version of banshee uploaded and have been over the install instructions
> at least half a dozen times.  I'm missing something.  Under "software
> sources" "Third-Party Software" I go to "Add" and place in
>
>  http://ppa.launchpad.net/banshee-team/ubuntu hardy main
>
> at this point the Hardy takes over and I can't upload this information.
>
> I'm stumped.  (Ohhhhhh, I know this is going to be so basic it will heart)
>
> Bob.
Hello Bob. I'm the one responsible for the Ubuntu PPA. What do you mean
by "Hardy takes over and I can't upload this information."?
--
Hyperair

Re: ANNOUNCE: Banshee 1.0 Beta 2 (0.99.2) Released!

andrewski
2008/5/23 Robert Chambers <[hidden email]>:
My brain is still running on "Newby 101", I'm trying to get the latest version of banshee uploaded and have been over the install instructions at least half a dozen times.  I'm missing something.  Under "software sources" "Third-Party Software" I go to "Add" and place in
 http://ppa.launchpad.net/banshee-team/ubuntu hardy main
As per https://edge.launchpad.net/~banshee-team/+archive, you need "deb " at the beginning of that; the line should read:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/banshee-team/ubuntu hardy main
If the source is already in your Third-Party Software list, it may be easiest to remove it and add the entire line again; when you edit it, it tries to parse the sections of that line and it can be confusing.

Hope this helps,
Andrew