ANN: Magnatune "Radio" Addin Release 1.0

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ANN: Magnatune "Radio" Addin Release 1.0

Max Battcher
Greetings,

With only a few tweaks since I posted the source repository a few days
back, here's the first official release of the Magnatune "Radio"
Addin:

http://repos.worldmaker.net/releases/magnatune/1.0.zip

Installation is very simple: place the Magnatune.dll in
~/.config/banshee-1/addins/ and it should Just Work.

The home for this addin is http://magnatune.code.worldmaker.net/

By the way, Is there some official red tape yet to get listed on the
Banshee Extensions Download page?

Feedback and patches appreciated,

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/
_______________________________________________
Banshee-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/banshee-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ANN: Magnatune "Radio" Addin Release 1.0

Bertrand Lorentz
Administrator
On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 22:41 -0400, Max Battcher wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> With only a few tweaks since I posted the source repository a few days
> back, here's the first official release of the Magnatune "Radio"
> Addin:
>
> http://repos.worldmaker.net/releases/magnatune/1.0.zip
>
> Installation is very simple: place the Magnatune.dll in
> ~/.config/banshee-1/addins/ and it should Just Work.
>
> The home for this addin is http://magnatune.code.worldmaker.net/
Always nice to see more third party extensions !

I think it would be a good idea to also provide a source tarball along
with you binary. It would help those who like to compile stuff or are
running banshee SVN trunk, and don't want to deal with another version
control client.
In return, if you're interested and if I'm really bored, I might help
you setup the autotools build stuff. ;)

I would have filed this on the issue tracker, but
http://magnatune.code.worldmaker.net/issue/ gives me "The page does not
exist."

Cheers,

--
Bertrand Lorentz <[hidden email]>
> http://flickr.com/photos/bl8/ <

_______________________________________________
Banshee-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/banshee-list

signature.asc (204 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ANN: Magnatune "Radio" Addin Release 1.0

Gabriel Burt
In reply to this post by Max Battcher
On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Max Battcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> By the way, Is there some official red tape yet to get listed on the
> Banshee Extensions Download page?

Nope; it's on there now.  Thanks!

Gabriel
_______________________________________________
Banshee-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/banshee-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ANN: Magnatune "Radio" Addin Release 1.0

Max Battcher
In reply to this post by Bertrand Lorentz
Bertrand Lorentz wrote:
> Always nice to see more third party extensions !
>
> I think it would be a good idea to also provide a source tarball along
> with you binary. It would help those who like to compile stuff or are
> running banshee SVN trunk, and don't want to deal with another version
> control client.

Where's the hacking spirit in that?  If I have to use your SVN, you
can't bother to use my Darcs?  :-P  At one point in time I had all of
the following installed at once: cvs, svn, darcs, hg, git, and almost
installed bzr, not to mention that I was working with some proprietary
SCS or another at the time...  :-)  In my experience it never hurts to
at least learn the basic check-out/get command and update/pull command
for any SCS you encounter.

Anyway, source tarball created:

http://repos.worldmaker.net/releases/magnatune/1.0-source.tar.gz

> In return, if you're interested and if I'm really bored, I might help
> you setup the autotools build stuff. ;)

Yikes.  What sort of a threat is that?  :-)  I'm amazed every time I
watch a successful autotools build.  It seems to me more like an
occasion to celebrate with alcohol and festivities more than a common
place part of a build system...  But I'm just a developer that focuses
primarily in .NET and Python mostly spoiled by short build times in the
one world and mostly non-existent builds in the other...

> I would have filed this on the issue tracker, but
> http://magnatune.code.worldmaker.net/issue/ gives me "The page does not
> exist."

Heh.  Page does not exist because no issues exist...  But the public
issue posting form is still on my TODO list, anyway.  I'll consider this
a +1 to get that done...  Noted:

http://darcsforge.code.worldmaker.net/issue/2008/jun/16/public-issue-posting-commenting/

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/
_______________________________________________
Banshee-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/banshee-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ANN: Magnatune "Radio" Addin Release 1.0

Gregoire Gentil
In reply to this post by Max Battcher

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 22:41:58 -0400
> From: "Max Battcher" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Banshee-List] ANN: Magnatune "Radio" Addin Release 1.0
> To: [hidden email]
> Message-ID:
> <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Greetings,
>
> With only a few tweaks since I posted the source repository a few days
> back, here's the first official release of the Magnatune "Radio"
> Addin:
>
> http://repos.worldmaker.net/releases/magnatune/1.0.zip
>
> Installation is very simple: place the Magnatune.dll in
> ~/.config/banshee-1/addins/ and it should Just Work.
>
> The home for this addin is http://magnatune.code.worldmaker.net/
>
> By the way, Is there some official red tape yet to get listed on the
> Banshee Extensions Download page?
>
> Feedback and patches appreciated,
Can you please use svn (like all projects related to Banshee) or at least
post the source code in a tar on your website? Also, a screenshot on your
website would be a plus to see how it looks like before installing,

Thanks,

Gregoire

PS: I didn't manage to make it work so far but perhaps I made some
mistakes. Waiting for the source code.




_______________________________________________
Banshee-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/banshee-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ANN: Magnatune "Radio" Addin Release 1.0

Gregoire Gentil
On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 10:48 -0700, Gregoire Gentil wrote:

> > Message: 3
> > Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 22:41:58 -0400
> > From: "Max Battcher" <[hidden email]>
> > Subject: [Banshee-List] ANN: Magnatune "Radio" Addin Release 1.0
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Message-ID:
> > <[hidden email]>
> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > With only a few tweaks since I posted the source repository a few days
> > back, here's the first official release of the Magnatune "Radio"
> > Addin:
> >
> > http://repos.worldmaker.net/releases/magnatune/1.0.zip
> >
> > Installation is very simple: place the Magnatune.dll in
> > ~/.config/banshee-1/addins/ and it should Just Work.
> >
> > The home for this addin is http://magnatune.code.worldmaker.net/
> >
> > By the way, Is there some official red tape yet to get listed on the
> > Banshee Extensions Download page?
> >
> > Feedback and patches appreciated,
> Can you please use svn (like all projects related to Banshee) or at least
> post the source code in a tar on your website? Also, a screenshot on your
> website would be a plus to see how it looks like before installing,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gregoire
>
> PS: I didn't manage to make it work so far but perhaps I made some
> mistakes. Waiting for the source code.
´╗┐Sorry I didn't see the next thread. But same remarks as Bertrand...

Gregoire




_______________________________________________
Banshee-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/banshee-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ANN: Magnatune "Radio" Addin Release 1.0

andrewski
In reply to this post by Gregoire Gentil
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 13:48, Gregoire Gentil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can you please use svn (like all projects related to Banshee) or at least
post the source code in a tar on your website? Also, a screenshot on your
website would be a plus to see how it looks like before installing,

Max has already gotten some resistance about using !darcs. He also posted a link to a source tarball:

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 22:14, Max Battcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyway, source tarball created:
> http://repos.worldmaker.net/releases/magnatune/1.0-source.tar.gz

Hackers can't catch a break, huh?

_______________________________________________
Banshee-list mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/banshee-list